Thursday 30 August 2012

Homophobic Women

Aloha fellow ugly people!

How's it doing? Okay, so today is going to be a slightly more serious blog (just to show you that I am capable of being serious from time to time and that I'm not a complete nut) and some of you might disagree with me on a lot of things, but that's good! I just found out that you can actually leave comments on blogs (how hectic is that?!?!?) so please leave your opinions and I shall do my best to squash your opinions as best I can :) (I'm only kidding... or am I...)

Today, we are discussing a topic that I find quite fascinating, and that is the fragment of the female population that happen to be Homophobic. I rarely come across this very rare and fascinating species (except when I'm forced to go to Church, but we all know that doesn't really count) and the reason why I find them so interesting are as follows.

A week or so ago, my friend Jess and I had this really in-depth academic conversation (I know, I'm such a cool gangster) regarding why main-stream society is so damn homophobic. To cut the story short, before you fall asleep on your keyboard, we came to conclude that it is because our society is, at it's foundations, essentially... are you ready for it... a PATRIARCHY!! OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD!!! "Really Joshua? You don't fucking say. Thankyou captain obvious!!"

Just for your sake, I'll post you the video that really stimulated this discussion between the pair of us, it's by one of my favourite youtubers in the world, her name is Christina Rad, and she's such a sexy machine beast! Ahh I love her!


Ok, so back to the main topic of discussion. I get it when men are homophobic, they have small penis' and they want to make themselves feel big. Hating on gays is a way for men to feel better about themselves and more masculine, let's be honest here. They say random shit like "It's against my religion bro!!" or "Dude its just gross and unnatural!" But really, they just don't like the idea of gay sex (MENTAL IMAGE!) But when women make the exact same claims, that just freaks the absolute shit out of me!

Think about all the slurs used against gay guys: pussy, faggot, wimp, fairy, pansy, queer, and so on an so forth. What attributes do these indicate? FEMININE ATTRIBUTES!! When guys use homophobic slurs, they are basically teasing a male of being to much like a woman. What does this entail? THAT MEN ARE GREATER THEN WOMEN, AND MEN SHOULD NOT BE REDUCED TO THE LEVEL OF A FEMALE!!

Do you get my drift??? There are plenty of theories out there regarding the topic of homophobia, and it's absolutely fine to disagree with me, but I strongly believe that the hate towards homosexuals is rigidly and concretely a feature of our strongly rooted patriarchal society. That is, men > women. Woman is a lesser being, not to be compared to man. If a man acts like a woman or allows for himself to be subjected as such in his sexual life, he's less then dirt.

So, when women are homophobic, they are basically undermining themselves! They are letting themselves be controlled by masculine power.

I think what really spurred me to make this post is that I've noticed in the past few weeks a few girls making some very homophobic status' on Facebook. Not surprisingly, they are the kind of Facebook citizens that involve themselves with activities such as posting duck faced lovos, taking bathroom photos, uploading random shots of their head accompanied by some interesting love song quote that has nothing to do with them and checking in at a club 20 times in a single night, but nevertheless, it disturbed me.

I do not want to get into a religious or a 'what is natural?' debate, because it is quite pointless. Everything has been said and, as far as I'm concerned, both ideas have been squashed and proven completely and utterly flawed a thousand billion times over. But to put it simply, if you are religious, you wouldn't be attacking and hating on anyone you ignorant twat and, secondly, homosexuality is found in almost every single animal species on the planet and has been confirmed as a constituent of every single civilisation to have ever existed in history. It's not natural to fly, but humans have invented planes, but that does not make it wrong. And things such as rape and murder are obviously part of human nature because it has happened since ancient times, but that does not make it right. So natural doesn't equal right, and unnatural doesn't equal wrong.

But that is a side note, I take it as far as this: to be a homophobic woman is to be a woman subject completely to patriarchal power.

I don't know, I think I might have taken this whole situation slightly overboard, but do y'all see where it is that I am coming from? I mean, it is one thing to hear a boy using words such as fag and sissy, as wrong as it might be, but it's a complete different scenario if a girl chucks those words around! It's just so odd to me.

Not to mention the fact that the majority of homophobic men don't really have a problem with Lesbians, if anything, they seem to love them to piece (and I wonder why...). I should really make an entire blog all about my views on feminism and such, you guys would love it! I'm such a crazy child :D

Anywhoodles doodles, that's my two cents on the issue. Do you guys agree? (If you don't, piss off!) I'm only joking!

Ok, talk to y'all soon chickadees!

No comments:

Post a Comment